AWARD AND GRANTS
Applications are invited for
1. K.C. Chaudhuri Lifetime Achievement Award for a Senior Pediatrician for outstanding accomplishments who has played a leadership role in the field of Pediatrics. Award consists of a Cash prize of Rs. 25,000, Plaque and Citation certificate.
2. I.C. Verma Excellence Award for a Pediatrician below age of 50 years who has carried out outstanding research in the field of Pediatrics. Award consists a Cash prize of Rs. 15,000, Plaque and Citation certificate.
3. Original Research Award for the Best Postgraduate MD Thesis
This award is for candidates who submitted their thesis in 2019. DNB students are also eligible. Four candidates will be shortlisted and top twobe awarded [1st Award Rs. 7,000; 2nd Award Rs. 5,000 (plus a Certificate of merit for all)]
4. Original Research Award for the Best DM Thesis
This award is for candidates who submitted their thesis in 2019. Four candidates will be shortlisted and top two willbe awarded [1st AwardRs. 7,000; 2nd AwardRs. 5,000 (plus a Certificate of merit for all)]
5. Best Grand Round in Pediatrics by Senior Residents
This award is to select the best Senior Residents. Two Senior Residents from an institution will present a Grand Round on interesting case/cases.Four institutions will be shortlisted on basis of the submissions.There will be two awards, Rs. 25,000 for the 1st award and Rs. 20,000 for the 2nd award.
6. Grants for Carrying out Research for Postgraduate MD Thesis in India
In this scheme funds will be provided to postgraduates to help them carry out research for their thesis. The grant can be used for the purchase of kits, reagents and chemicals & conducting laboratory tests and investigations. The application must be forwarded by the thesis guide. Ten grants of maximum Rs. 50,000 each are available in a year.
7. Visiting Professorships
In this scheme funds will be provided to invite a Professor from an institution outside your city to spend 3 days for lectures, clinical teaching and take interactive sessions with the students.Three grants of maximum Rs. 20,000 each are available: One in each quarter. 8.
- Travel Grant for Attending Conferences
Eight grants in a year are available.Postgraduate students/ Senior Residents/ Fellows/ Junior Faculty are eligible to apply.Total grant not to exceed Rs. 20,000 per candidate.
9. Medical Camps in Rural Areas
Four grants of Rs. 20,000 each are available: One in each quarter.
10. Training of Faculty/Assistant Professors in India
Young Faculty Members/Assistant Professors who are interested in getting training in any Pediatric specialty from any institution in India can apply (minimum one week). Two grants of maximum Rs. 50,000 each are available.
Last date for Awards 1 & 2 is 29thFebruary 2020; Awards 3 to 5 is 10th July 2020.
Dr. Sushil K. Kabra
Indian Journal of Pediatrics, 103, First Floor, Ashirwad Commercial Complex, Block D,
Green Park, Near Uphaar Cinema Hall, New Delhi-110016, India,
Nominations for IJP Dr. K.C. Chaudhuri Life Time Achievement Award 2020
Nominations are invited for the Dr. K.C. Chaudhuri Life Time Achievement Award. Nominations of previous years will have to apply again.
Dr. K. C. Chaudhuri Life Time Achievement Award, is given in honor of Dr. K. C. Chaudhuri who was the first Pediatrician in India and was the founder editor of Indian Journal of Pediatrics. This award was introduced in 2008 and is given to a pediatrician who has contributed significantly in the field of academics, research and patient care (in India or abroad). The oration award will consist of a Cash prize of Rs. 25,000, Plaque and a Citation certificate.
The past recipients have been: Dr. Meharban Singh (2008), Dr. T. Jacob John (2009), Dr. M. K. Bhan (2010), Dr. K. N. Aggarwal (2011), Dr. O. N. Bhakoo (2012), Dr. Y. K. Amdekar (2013), Dr. D. Vidyasagar (2014), Dr. M. K. C. Nair (2015), Dr. Sunit C. Singhi (2016), Prof. P. Syamasundar Rao (2017), Prof. V.P. Choudhry (2018) and Prof. N.K. Arora (2019).
The guidelines for the award are as follows:
- Presented to a Senior pediatrician for outstanding accomplishments that are widely recognized.
- Played leadership role in the field of Pediatrics in India.
- For Pediatricians of Indian origin working in India or abroad.
- The letter of nomination/application should outline lifetime accomplishments of the nominee deserving the award, along with a full curriculum vitae.
- The award will be presented in September 2020. The recipient will be invited to give an oration at the meeting.
- The award is subject to the condition that the candidate should come personally to make a presentation. It is essential that the oration is published in IJP and thus, has to be submitted atleast one week prior to the oration.
- Travel within India and stay in Delhi will be covered by IJP.
The last date for submission of applications/ nominations is 29th February, 2020.